10/20/06

Last Night...

I finally got my emotions semi- in order...

Last night was something special...from about 5 o'clock, when I got out of class, I had goosebumps. My stomach was in knots, I can't tell you how much my hands were shaking...
Coming up on gametime, I did all my rituals, put on the Mets batting helmet (backward for defense, foward when they're batting) I also put up the lucky cardboard box, and filled out my scorecard. I had to leave the door open on our dorm room, and had to blast "Meet The Mets" (original version) very loud for all to hear...

This was one of the best games ive seen, by both teams...
I especially will not forget Endy's catch...that was one of the most beautiful catches I've ever seen...top play of the year in my book...

I will not forget this game. I've been a lifelong Mets fan, my dad is a mets fan, so i've followed in his footsteps. About 3 years ago, i started to watch religously...i would watch and/or listen to as many games as possible. This year put me over the top. I have purchased so many mets shirts, hats, weird little knick knack items (like one of those light up glass things you buy on the streets of NYC) I've started blogging, and now have my own domain...as you can obviously tell...

Thats why it hurt so bad last night...
I've put so much emotion into this team, so many amazing moments and the few bad ones. The team has been so high (11 run inning in Chicago, sweeping the Braves...just so many) and we've hit some rough patches (No Pedro, No El Duque...a few more, but it pains me to think...)

But here we are...2 runs away from going to the World Series...
I have to say, this was an amazing year...we should be proud of what they did, but we should look forward to next year...
The team will be stronger, more well rounded, and they will be hungrier...alot hungrier.
They tasted it, but they're going to want more...

Omar...Willie...and all the guys...lets do this again...

Ya Gotta Believe!