4/24/08

David Wright with the Answer Man

First of all, if you don't read Big League Stew, you must begin, immediately. Go back to the beginning and start from there.

One of the features they do is "Answer Man," an interview featuring some unorthodox questions, stuff you wouldn't usually find in a normal interview. The latest edition takes on David Wright.

A few of my favorites:
Q: What about the widely held belief that you are the Austin Powers of the majors, in that men want to be you and women want to be with you?

DW: I don’t know about that [laughs]. It’s fun to be single and living in New York, playing for a good organization. I have no complaints there. As far as the other end of it, if I can take care of business on the field, then there are some nice perks that come along with a winning team.

---

Q: Could you tell if the monster in Cloverfield destroyed your apartment building?

DW: I did see a couple of landmarks near my apartment, but I don’t live in a real big high rise, so he might have missed mine. Fortunately, I think it was spared.

---

Q: Ever go up to Mr. Met and say, “Hey, buddy, why the big head?”

DW: It’s funny, trying to see him walk through doorways; he’s gotta turn sideways but his head is the same size no matter how it’s turned. He’s … he’s a good mascot.

Wright is probably one of the luckiest guys in the world. Single, young, living in NYC, rich, plays baseball for a living. What else could you want? I envy you, David.

Oh, and yes, Mr. Met is a good mascot, the best in the league, I would say.