4/25/08

Trip to Maine

Today I will be heading up to the great state of Maine for a Society of Professional Journalists conference. I'm bringing my trusty laptop along, but I'm not sure if I'll have internet in the hotel room. We're leaving in a few hours, the car ride is roughly four hours long, and we're heading straight to some sort of event, so if I do have internet, it won't be until later this afternoon.

Brian Schneider went down with the infected thumb yesterday, but did not land on the DL, yet. He may still need a trip there if it does not improve from the IV he received. This may stall Moises Alou's trip back to Shea, as the Mets will be carrying three catchers if Schneider can avoid the DL. Once Schneider is healed and Gustavo Molina is sent back to AAA, expect Alou to return, possibly by the middle of next week.

Enjoy Mike Pelfrey and Jair Jurrjens tonight. See you on the other side.