5/23/08

Countdown: 5...4...3...2...

I can feel it coming.

Reports are pouring in that Omar Minaya is heading to Colorado.

Depending on how the Mets fare against the Rockies, Willie Randolph's tenure as manager could be coming to a very abrupt end.

I doubt Minaya is going there to fire Randolph, but rather counsel the embattled manager on how to deal with the media, the team, and yes, his possible dismissal from his post.

Sorry Willie. I like you, but this team needs a different guy at the helm.

Joe over at Mets Today gives us this saucy tidbit:
In case you missed it, WFAN’s Mike Francesa asked Keith Hernandez if he would consider managing the Mets. To the surprise of many, Keith answered “yes”.
Now, as enticing as that sounds, I don't know if he's the right guy either. And I really don't want to lose Keith's wit and insight in the booth. Maybe SNY can mic Keith up in the dugout and have him discuss the team during games for more than an inning.

Time will tell...