5/11/08

Happy Mother's Day

That's right. Today is Mother's Day, so you better have gotten your mom something good, or you better break out the construction paper and crayons and make her some of those "Good for One Chore" tickets you used to give her when you were a kid. I'm sure it will mean just as much, if not more, to her this time around. (Don't worry, Mom, I got you something better. I think.)

As they've done every year for a while, Major League Baseball will encourage players to use special pink bats on Mother's Day to support breast cancer research.

If memory serves me correctly, Carlos Beltran always seems to tear it up on Mother's Day with the pink bats. If he has another break out game with these special color bats, I'm starting a petition to MLB to let him use these bats all season long.

So again, Happy Mother's Day to all you mommies out there!