5/28/08

Still feels like a loss; 12 games to determine the season

I woke up this morning feeling bitter about a Mets loss last night.

It didn't hit me until I started my morning ritual of browsing through all the articles published while I was asleep.

You know the team is in a funk, when even after a nice win with your ace on the mound and a bunch of bench players driving in the runs, you wake up the next morning and it still feels like they're losing. Because they are.

Obviously, you can't make a call where this team is going after one game, especially one where they really didn't play too well, and thanks to some clutch performances, they barely squeaked out a win.

The next Mets off day is Monday, June 9. Twelve games from here until that off day, one of which is supposed to feature Pedro Martinez back on the bump. I'm going to keep track of the next 12 games, see how they do, and make the call after that.

Build off the win, guys.