7/29/08

Rumor: Mets, Sox, Pirates in a three-way

This one will blow your socks off.

From WEEI Radio:
WEEI out of Boston is reporting the Mets, Sox, and Pirates are working on a 3-way deal. The Mets would send prospects to the Sox for Manny, and then the Sox would ship prospects to the Pirates for Bay.
So, Manny Ramirez would be a Met, Jason Bay would be a member of the Sox, and prospects would go to the Pirates.

Enticing, as always. Just a rumor, but one just crazy enough that it just might work. The Mets would have to part with Fernando Martinez, there isn't a doubt in my mind, but I think Omar Minaya would pull that trigger if he could land Manny.

Again, just a rumor.

Update: Don't think this is even in the works, but I think this makes a ton of sense for the teams involved. I truly don't trust "prospects." I'd much rather trade for an established player than wait on maybes.

Thanks to Ryan Punzalan for the heads up...