7/26/08

Trade for Manny Ramirez at all costs

Update: Everything I mention seems to get blown out of the water within 24 hours. Jon Heyman reports the Mets won't look into Manny at all. I think my next article will deal with how the Mets won't win the World Series this year.

With Manny Ramirez's latest antics, Red Sox Nation seems to be reaching the end of it's rope with their left fielder.Trade for this guy at all costs. I'd be willing to part with Jon Niese, Eddie Kunz or some package of a few top prospects for this high caliber player. He's a professional hitter, and would take over left field for the Mets, something they dearly need for the stretch.

Jerry Manuel seems like the kind of guy who would be able to keep Ramirez in line, and Omar Minaya has always had a love for Manny.

Could you imagine Manny in a Mets uniform? Oh man. Let's just imagine this lineup, as I see it:
Jose Reyes
Ryan Church / Endy Chavez
Carlos Beltran
Carlos Delgado
David Wright
Manny Ramirez
Brian Schneider / Ramon Castro
Damion Easley / Argenis Reyes
Pitchers spot

Holy hell. That's powerful. If this is possible, at all, pull the trigger. People would be lining up around the block for Mets tickets just to watch his antics and ability. I know I would.