8/22/08

Cue the jinx

"This is beginning to look like the Mets' year"

Thanks, Mark Herrmann. Thanks a lot.
No one is suggesting this is going to end in a championship, or there is something miraculous afoot. But there is no denying strange stuff is happening.
I can't deny that. Maybe it's just some bad teams playing poorly, but almost everything seems to be swinging the Mets way lately, especially their own bats.

Herrmann quotes Pedro Martinez as saying "Ever since I've been here, I've wondered when we were going to get things going our way. It seems like it was never our way."

I think we can all attest to that. Last night, between the misplays by the Braves and the missed calls by the umpires (though I must say, some of those strikes against Carlos Delgado were a tad ridiculous) it just seems like something special is happening to this team.

Finally, some of their hits are falling inbetween the defense, squeaking under gloves, or barely clearing the wall.

Herrman's article, though possibly a jinx, has truly got me excited for the next 34 games.