8/28/08

I apologize to everyone; It was all my fault

During almost every game, one can find me wearing my plastic helmet.

Yes, I admit it. I wear a plastic helmet. It's kind of close to what the first and third base coaches wear, but it's all black and all awesome and no padding.

And yes, I even wear it out to games, to the movies, and whenever I feel like having a little fun with the general public.

But recently, I've forgotten about it. I haven't been wearing it much, and I'm not sure why. But last night, I remembered. Last night I sprinted to my room, rummaged through my pile of stuff and emerged with the helmet. I placed that helmet on my head, and no sooner did I don the plastic hat, did Daniel Murphy rip a double to left field, bouncing once before hitting the fence, and watching Carlos Beltran come around to put the Mets up by one.

The helmet has powers. And I will be wearing her more often.

I'm sorry for not wearing the cap lately, but the Mets have done well in it's absence. Now, down the stretch, the Mets may need all the help they can get. And I shall do my part with the helmet.

Now I just need a nickname for it and we'll all be set.