10/16/08

AFL update from Eddie Kunz

He likes Daniel Murphy at 2B. Did you expect him to say different?

Eddie Kunz is blogging his time in the AFL, and he posted his second update last night. Here's what he had to say:

I have pitched 4 innings so far and felt really great! All my pitches are working for me and I am doing alot better with my control as well. I have closed out all 4 games and got 2 saves out of 2 tries.

Now with the question of what do I think of Murphy at 2B? I like him there he has great arm and reacts really well! I have confidence in him all the way.

He loves the exclamation point!

Good to see him throwing and feeling fresh. I think he has a definite shot to be the set-up man next year. I think the Mets will spring for a proven closer, but the bullpen and it's roles are wide open for the taking.

And to Murphy at second: I'm glad Kunz likes him and trusts him (or so he says). I'd love to see him there next season, too. Don't think it will happen, though. The Mets have to move Luis Castillo first. That will be the toughest task.