12/12/08

Tidbits: Ibanez off the market, Mets look to Cora, choke artists

As I'm sitting here at a Starbucks on the corner of 40th and Lexington, piggy backing on someone's unencrypted internet, I figured I'd post a few tidbits of news from the day.
  • According to ESPN, the Phillies and free agent Raul Ibanez agreed on a three-year deal today. Ibanez, who the Mets had shown great interest in, will take over for Met-killer Pat Burrell in left field for the Phils.
  • The Mets are apparently targeting free agent Alex Cora to be 2009's Damion Easley. Cora spent the last few seasons with the Red Sox. He played seven games at second base and 69 games at short. Can't say I would mind Cora. How bad could a utility infielder be?
  • Cole Hamels told WFAN yesterday that the Mets are "choke artists." I've heard such a hubbub over this. Too bad he's right.
Enjoy J.J. Putz's entrance music...