1/29/09

Found the mysterious Roberto...sort of

Back on Jan. 20, I linked to this article from The Million Dollar Arm blog. It chronicles the journey of Rinku and Danesh, two Indian "pitchers" who won a reality show and have since signed to a minor league deal with the Pittsburgh Pirates.

Last time, I quoted the blog when they said "Dinesh and I going Wedding festival Roberto. Roberto our catcher training. He sign contract Mets."

I posted a comment asking who this "Roberto" was, since after looking through the entire organizational roster, I came up empty.

They finally got back to me, via another comment. This person is...Roberto Persona.

I finally found him. (Thanks, Google!)

A catcher at UC Irivine (Go Anteaters!), has signed with the Mets in some shape or form. According to the admin of the blog, he'll start with an A-league team. Which one, I'm not sure.

Keep an eye out for Roberto Persona, he's already caught Rinku and Danesh. Who knows what's next!?