2/12/09

No AIDS for Alomar

A weird story just got weirder.

Roberto Alomar and his new girlfriend, Maripily Rivera (whose photos I cannot publish on this website), are claiming that he is a picture of health, and does not have "full blown AIDS" as his ex-girlfriend is claiming in a $15 million lawsuit.

Alomar has his own Web site, RobertoAlomar.com, complete with a store and a blog. He released a statement yesterday. It read:
This is a very private, personal matter and I greatly appreciate all the support I have received in the past few days from my family, friends and colleagues in baseball. I am in very good health and I ask that you respect my privacy during this time.

As for the lawsuit, it is filled with lies and I am deeply saddened that someone I cared for would make such terrible accusations and try to hurt me in this way.
According to the Daily News, Rivera called the accusation "a vile lie."

Weird stuff.