2/10/09

Phillies could land Ohman with one-year deal; Why not the Mets?

According to Philly.com, the Phillies are looking at, and have had discussions with, Will Ohman as a possible addition to their bullpen.
[Page] Odle said Ohman, despite getting two- or three-year offers from other teams, was open to a one-year contract with a competitive team like the Phillies.
If the Phillies can land him on a one-year deal, why can't the Mets? I'll tell you why: He doesn't respect them.
"We've had real good positive conversation with the Phillies over the past week, and I know Will would love to pitch in Philadelphia," Ohman's agent, Page Odle, said Sunday. "He's faced them a lot being in Atlanta, and has a lot of respect for the team and the organization."
I tell ya, I get no respect. No respect at all!

Anyway, I'd like the see the Mets up the ante a little bit on Ohman. They need someone else, and I think Omar is ranking the guys he currently has on the team a little too high.

Just one more piece to the puzzle, and I'll be content.