4/24/09

Twitter Poll: If you had one roster move to make on the New York Mets…

The Mets have lost four games in a row.  They’re 6-9 on the season and can’t seem to get in sync.

Last night I asked my Twitter followers if Omar Minaya granted them one roster move on the current Mets team, what would it be?  I got some very different answers.  There is one that want to look into cloning Johan Santana, another who is offering their services and a few who would like to swap out the entire team.

Here are their responses…

  • benmyerson said: does "swap rosters with Buffalo" count as one move?
  • letsgoduke said: trade castillo for ruben gotay.
  • samtpage said: Fire Omar Minaya. Does that count? If not, release Sheffield.
  • Retire31 said: Clone Johan Santana four times.
  • ByronBrewer said: Honestly... I don't even know where to begin. Is a team-swap considered 'one move?' :)
  • Section518 said: It's a tough one, because one move isn't going to get it done. Another starter? Maybe Cliff Lee? Not really sure...
  • ambilevous said: sign manny
  • BigLeagueWIFFLE said: Hire Tommy Lasorda to coach
  • dmoneymania said: Sign me up. I'm a co-ed softball league superstar. I pick it like Olerud, stroke it like Alfonzo. I'm pure stud.
  • soxanddawgs said: sign pedro
  • cselland said: Sign Manny - we need a left fielder. Oh, wait...
  • Section518 said: Sign Manny - we need a left fielder.
  • acesigma said: Fire Omar. Oh wait that's not a roster move.
  • metgirl4ever said: nothing until May...knee jerk moves/reactions usually make u worse, not better...
  • gmo418 said Pick up Pedro off junk pile, place John Maine and Dan Murphy/Ryan Church on trade block for young front line starter
  • JTKrycek said: sign jake peavy
  • fullnelson said: Gary "Iron" Sheffield, not Pinch Hitter, need many At Bats. what is da use of F. Tatis?
  • thebrowncoat said: If I trade the whole team at once, does that count as one roster move?

Quite and interesting array of answers if I do say so myself.  It seems as though many Mets fans have turned to humor to try and forget about their team’s on field performance.

Not on Twitter?  Hit the comments to toss in your 2¢ about the one roster move you would want to make.

Follow me on Twitter to participate
in the next Twitter Poll!