5/4/09

Twitter Poll: What is your favorite Mets uniform and why?

Yesterday was an off-day for the Mets.  I could have asked the obvious “What do you do with Oliver Perez?” question, but instead I went a different route.

I asked my Twitter followers what their favorite Mets uniform was, and why?  Here are their responses…

DonCheech said: Blue Caps, Grey Roads. By far the best. And we won 15-6 vs. Yanks with them

jessicarubin said: Can't decide. Stripes are too Yanks and grey is ugly. I think I'll go w/ classic white. Black is a "secondary color"

Jbones72 said: The classic blue pinstripes, I HATE the " Bklyn Dodger" solid white and the black!

brentsower said: The all white home jerseys. Really loved the one year they wore them without names on the back. Very clean & classy.

ByronBrewer said: Anything that isn't black and isn't worn with those ugly black & blue hats.

dmoneymania said: Pinstripes BC the snow whites remind me of the Bakers cap fiasco & the blacks have run their course. Pins&Greys. Blue caps!

benmyerson said: 80s pullovers with the racing stripes. Mustaches not required (though highly encouraged).

JTKrycek said: i may get booed 4this but i like the black jerseys, and also the white pin-stripes, which they don't wear enough.

JTKrycek said: as for why, i don't really know, other than i HATE orange. those racing striped PJs from the 80s were bad, truly

metgirl4ever said: my fav is black uni b/c when I first started watching the Mets, that's what they wore most of time w/all black cap w/blue NY

fullnelson said: Mets Gray Road uniform = my favorite 'cause uses 'old English style Type / Font' + solid Blue & Orange outline = "NEW YORK"

metschick said: My fave is the pinstripes WITH the blue hats. Why? I think it looks best. Classic.

giger4321 said: 86 pinstripes

darknova306 said: I like the black unis. Give good contrast with the blue and orange, where they kinda get washed out by bright white.

kierankelly said: They've always looked the best in the home pinstripes with the blue caps. All the black needs to go.

samtpage said: The all-white Bernard Gilkey of course: http://tinyurl.com/d6oufv.

From the peanut gallery…

Retire31 said: The Mercury Mets. 'nuff said.

Personally, I love the ‘80s pinstripe pullovers.  So cheesy yet so classic.  Right now, I love the grey uniforms.  Pair them with the blue caps and blue socks, and you have the best Mets uniform.

Tweet of the Day: samtpage said: The all-white Bernard Gilkey of course: http://tinyurl.com/d6oufv.

Not on Twitter?  Hit the comments to toss in your 2¢ on the Mets best uni.

Follow me on Twitter to participate
in the next Twitter Poll!