6/20/09

From the comments: Update on the Phillies jerseys in Citi Field

Take this with a grain of salt.  First off, we have no idea if the original story is even true, nevermind the update.  Still, it could be real for all we know.  I haven’t heard anything about this, so I’m leaning toward “myth” but read it and make your own decision.

Here’s the original story.

And here’s the comment…

The guy who put the phillies jerseys into the cement at Citifiled got fired last week from Hunt. I didnt agree with what he did but he was a friend of mine through our job. Someone else ratted on him when the story started to spread. They pulled up some of the fanwalk bricks and found one jersey. I dont think they will do the other 2 spots until the season is over. I believe in second chances. He was a good guy who was always willing to lend a hand or money if a guy needed it. It was just a stupid prank. Its not like the foundation was flawed or something like that - I cant believe how mad some people got over this.