6/30/09

Twitter Poll: Who would you rather see traded: Nick Evans or Daniel Murphy?

Though an unpopular choice, as no one likes to trade away young, home grown talent, the time may come (very) soon when the Mets might deal away one of these players.

So I asked my Twitter followers, who would they rather see traded away: Nick Evans or Daniel Murphy.  Here are their responses…

NICK EVANS

NYMetsGrrl94 said: Nick Evans. Daniel Murphy seems like he would be more helpful at 1B than Evans would anywhere in the long run.

BlackMagic718 said: Hmm that's a tough one....I say Evans but if Murphy doesn't get his act together I may change my mind.

cutiepie0319k said: Nick Evans

REHalFR said: I think Nick Evans, he has more trade value.

springfan said: nick evans but I can't really explain it. It's a gut feeling thing. I have unexplained faith in murph.

AnneMolnar said: I'd rather keep both. But if I had to trade one, it would be Evans.

letsgoduke said: I would rather trade Evans. Murphys baseball IQ is excellent.

DANIEL MURPHY

MarcARodriguez said: Murphy

mattclausen said: neither....but i'd probably have to say murph if absolutely necessary...though the kid is eventually going to hit a ton

saffir_99 said: Gonna go with Murphy. I just think he's forgotten how to handle the major leagues.

wrongheaven said: as much as I love him, Daniel Murphy - Evans is worth more defensively

FMauceri said: Murphy.

pymrod said: I had Murphy's back for a while..even when my girl hated him in the 1st week. TRADE HIS A**.

sdettling said: Trade Murphy. I think he has potential as a hitter down the road but he doesn't seem to me making any progress defensively.

BOTH

darknova306 said: Either/both in the right deal(s). (This is despite my giant Murph-crush, he just isn't good enough on D or powerful for 1B)

darknova306 continued: Though, to be fair to Murph, Jerry sits him whenever he gets hot. Doesn't help the kid's confidence and focus. Jerry sucks!

Not on Twitter?  Hit the comments to discuss who you would rather see traded.

Follow me on Twitter (@TheRopolitans) to
participate in the next Twitter Poll!