9/18/09

Twitter Poll: Do you still watch the Mets?

The Mets stink.  I mean, they’re just downright bad.  I go into each game expecting a loss and just waiting to find out which way they’ll manage to do it.

But I was wondering if I was alone in still watching this team, so I asked my Twitter followers, “Do you still watch the Mets? And…um…why?”

Here are some responses…

Lou_Bolkovic said: HELL NO - have not watched a game in a month and gave three games worth of tix to kids I know who have not been to Citi Field

ericcwu said: Nope =( Bought a Xbox a month ago when I knew the season was done. Haven't watched a game since but still follow the team.

BlueAndOrange said: Yes.. Because the season isn't over yet.

DoLLaAz said: Yes, when there isn't too much on my plate. Since I'm a fan and thats what true fans do; None of that fairweather BS.

RyanFingAwesome said: of course i do. just because theyre not winning doesnt mean theyre not playing.

mtmcq said: Because I know once this season is over, the term "finding ways to lose" will be obsolete. The '09 Mets will find every way.

cvelardi said: I haven't watched a game in a month. No offense to Pagan, Sullivan, Hernandez.. but they're no Beltran, Reyes, Delgado..

msschneid said: i havent in 2 weeks. turned it on Wed night and after seein Murph NEVER will again (well till April)

bosco86 said: Yes i still watch but mostly to see how bad Jerry and his crew can screw up!

gwong said: I haven't gone out of my way to watch them the past few weeks. I will watch Sunday since I'll be there - damn 15-game plan.

julierubes said: Yes, but it hasn't been nightly b/c of other things. I still watch b/c I'm still a fan and I want to see how the games go.

kdoster said: I still would if I could. Hoping for a win everytime...

metsgrrl said: you know the answer to that already. why? because i keep looking for some sign. of what, i am not entirely sure.

tyronem said: I watched the Mets last night so I could fall asleep.

fullnelson said: Yes I'll still watch Mets 'cause I want to and I'm fan

RobinBoyWonders said: Because I want to be able to say I saw most of the stuff on the 09 blooper reel

elZi said: I still watch, because I'm still a fan of the team.

dtmfr said: still watch the Mets. And while it's still for love of the game, it's more like seeing a comedy movie rather than a drama.

Follow me on Twitter!