10/8/09

Twitter Poll: Which free agent do you want the Mets to sign?

Today, I asked my Twitter followers which free agent (position player or pitcher) they most want to see in orange and blue next season.

Here are some responses…

cwb75 said: Matt Holliday, I think...

DonCheech said: Holliday and Lackey

kramtelak said: Matt Holliday

fscker said: Holliday

nmigliore said: in this order: 1) Matt Holliday 2) John Lackey* 3) Adam LaRoche (* = only if the price/years isn't outrageous)

YaGottaBKiddnMe said: Matt Holliday

mattclausen said: John Lackey. I also want to see us grab either Crawford or Upton.

darknova306 said: Lackey plus 2 more competent pitchers. Rotation needs serious help...

Majin_Bernard said: John Lackey. The rotation needs more work than the lineup.

TheRealSoxy said: John Lackey

Seems that people either want Lackey or Holliday.  And who can blame them?

To me, neither seems like a “great” signing.  Lackey is on the wrong side of 30 and looks like he’ll be demanding some big money.  Holliday will also be looking for a good chunk of change, and I just don’t think the Mets have it.

How about you?