12/11/09

Why do some fans want to trade Jose Reyes?

Yesterday, while listening to WFAN, a caller proposed a trade idea to Mike Francesa.  If you follow my Twitter feed, you may know what I’m talking about.

The caller came on the line and immediately said, “Reyes for Hallday? I’d do that in a second!”

Um…why?

Throwing the trade idea out the window and using it simply as a jumping off point, why are so many fans so ready to trade away Jose Reyes?  What has he done, outside of missing most of 2009, since he became an established player to make you want to move him?

Is it the “lack of effort”? The dancing? The injury?  What is it?

If you’re one of the fans that wants to trade Reyes, please post your reasoning in the comments.  Or e-mail me.  Something, anything – I just want to know what your thinking is.