1/30/10

Twitter Poll: What are your thoughts on Omar’s off-season?

It’s Saturday, I’m still laying in bed and I’m tired.

That, of course, has me thinking about the Mets.  So far, Omar Minaya has added one big bat and a few fringe players / pitchers.  So how do you think he’s done this off-season?

I asked my Twitter followers and here are some responses…

SheckyXero: Omar sucks, he could’ve done more, instead we lack a good catcher, a good first baseman and loads of pitching.

beerman59452000: BAD Jason bay was good, we got no pitching he signed washed up catchers and the mets got holes in there line up.

MetsGuide: ok. It can be salvaged if he acquires a #2 and a catcher.

bosco86: 2 many "ifs". Has not done enough support the core. No #2 starter no catcher bad move at 1st and pen full of "ifs".

willDavidian: Hudson/Lopez and Smoltz or an unlikely trade are his only opportunities to salvage it. Otherwise, it's been awful.

metsfan6986: I feel mixed. He didn't do as good as he couldve but I think Jeff has his hands tied. He's been more aggressive in the past.

MVPGotham: After his comments in October along with Jeff Wilpon, the team has not done enough.

darknova306: This offseason will be a failure until our rotation is fixed. I see only a very slim chance of that happening.

What are your thoughts on Minaya’s off-season so far?  Has he done enough?  Or is there a lot more work to do?