2/1/10

Mets never performed physical on Putz [Quote]

“When the trade went down last year, I never really had a physical with the Mets. I had the bone spur (in the right elbow). It was discovered the previous year in Seattle, and it never got checked out by any other doctors until I got to spring training, and the spring training physical is kind of a formality. It was bugging me all through April, and in May I got an injection. It just got to the point where I couldn’t pitch. I couldn’t throw strikes, my velocity was way down.”

-J.J. Putz on his time with the Mets

Click here to read more from the story, because it’s almost too good bad to be true.

This is beyond stupid.

Everyone and their mother was harping on the right elbow of Putz the moment he came to the Mets.  It was an issue, but not one to get hung up on.  Apparently, the Mets didn’t deem it an issue at all.

Extremely disturbing news.