2/7/10

A note to my readers

All,

If you’re wondering what happened to the posting on The ‘Ropolitans the last few days, and you haven’t been following my Twitter feed, here is the explanation.

On Monday, I woke up not feeling very well.  Unfortunately, that happens a lot for me.  But after things weren’t getting any better, my wonderful girlfriend called a doctor and dragged me to the car.

Thank goodness, because on the way my entire body froze up and I could not move.  Just imagine falling asleep on your arm, multiply it by 100 and spread it all over your body.  That’s how dehydrated I was.  It happed three more times that day, too.  Scary stuff.

From the doctor, where they called 911, I was sent to Yale New Haven hospital.  I was admitted later that night and ended up spending a few days there.

Diagnosis: A really gross stomach virus which triggered an unknown, underlying condition.  So as I’m somewhat on the mend, I’m set for a whole round of testing to figure out what is really wrong with me.

In the meantime, I’ve had zero energy to do much of anything besides sleep, hence the lack of blog posts.

Anyway, I’ll be getting back into the swing of things next week as we start to dip into single digit days between us and pitchers and catchers reporting.

Thank you for understanding and thank you to all the well wishes already sent my way.  It means so much to me.

-Andrew Vazzano