3/3/10

My praise for the Amazin’ Avenue Annual

I was lucky enough to receive a preview copy of the Amazin’ Avenue Annual, the first book foray from the good men at AmazinAvenue.com.

And legitimately, it’s a book.  All 342 pages of one.

(I’m going to be frank here: I hate reading long things on the Internet.  Did I read it all?  Hell no.  Did I skim, read parts here and there and continue scrolling?  Yes.  That doesn’t mean it’s not good.)Buy this book!

I’ll be going to school, finding a rarely used printer, and printing out this book (because I’m in college and money goes toward food).

I highly, highly recommend either downloading or purchasing the book when it becomes available in a day or two. (Yeah, the only thing there right now is a banner.  Don’t be alarmed.)

It contains essays on topics ranging from the business of the Mets in 2009 to the Gary, Keith and Ron drinking game.  It also has player previews and statistical breakdowns on many.  Just a thorough, thorough look at the Mets organization from minds of very well informed fans.

Pick it up.

And to the guys at Amazin’ Avenue and all that contributed to the book, awesome, awesome job.