3/9/10

My Q&A with Macho Row

I did a quick Mets and NL East Q&A with the Phillies blog Macho Row.

Here’s a quick sampling…

How hot is the water that general manager Omar Minaya is sitting in? Is the pressure on Minaya to get the team back to the playoffs at a point where this is a make-or-break season?
Sizzling. I'm not sure this is a make-or-break season, but it might be a make-or-break year. If the team stinks it up and then he doesn't go out and get some big names by 2011, he's out.
---
What about manager Jerry Manuel? Will Manuel be the manager at the end of the 2010 season?
If Minaya's is sizzling, Manuel's is literally on fire. Manuel could be out in 20 games if they fall flat out of the gate. He's a dead man walking and he knows it too. A lot rides on the beginning of the season. I may as well write up his "obituary" now and just wait to post it.

For the full Q&A, where I discuss Citi Field, Jerry Manuel’s love affair with Jenrry Mejia and more, head over to Macho Row.