4/18/10

Manuel’s Musing [Epic Edition]

Jerry Manuel was in rare form before and after last night’s crazy game.  There are just too many gems to pass up…

Manuel's Musing “I know 'Frenchy' has never managed. You're 25, 26 -- I mean, c'mon. He's a guy that's very likable, very talkative.”

-Manuel on Jeff Francoeur

“That was pretty crazy. This is about the wildest one I’ve been involved in, the longest one I’ve been involved in, the most decisions I’ve had to make. We fought, we fought, we fought all day. We needed to win this one.”

-Manuel on last night’s game

“Pelfrey asked to pitch. He stepped up and said, ‘Hey I can do this.’”

-Manuel on Mike Pelfrey, the closer

“He's on hip-hop, we're playing jazz.”

-Manuel on Jose Reyes batting third

“Fighting all day to stay in the game. We just couldn't mount nothing offensively. We just couldn't get anything going offensively. But, to their credit, they went out and played on the other side of the ball, and played very well. That's a sign of things to come for us.”

-Manuel on last night’s game