4/2/10

Twitter Poll: Do you go to Opening Day?

I’ve never been to Opening Day.  I don’t think I’ll ever go to Opening Day.  It’s just not something that excites me.  Well, I am excited for the game, just not to battle every other person and their mother to get in early and sit with a capacity crowd in the cold for the first of 81 home games.

I don’t know why, it’s just the way I feel.  Others, though, make the trek every year, like clockwork.

So I took to Twitter and asked if my Twitter followers attend Opening Day or not and why?

Here are some responses…

michaelgbaron: I always go - Its a family tradition, and I am ALWAYS excited for Opening Day, and the start of the season.

jnetty99: Yes going to Opening Day. As a fan I still will support the Mets, also probably the only game that will be sold out.

TheHappyRecap: Very rarely do I miss an Opening Day. It is a spring ritual.

dtmfr: yes, a priority of mine to go to every Opening Day. Hard to explain, but going to Opening Day makes me feel giddy.

GoofysGal15: When I lived in NY, I never missed an opening day. On opening day, Shea was full of so much hope!

NYMetsGrrl94: I have always wanted to go but I'm always at school.

borzoi06: Not going to opening day. Too many other games to watch. (actually, just didn't get tickets)

Guess I’m (nearly) alone in my thoughts.

Enjoy OD, everyone, if you’re at Citi Field or not.