7/1/10

The surprise

This morning, I felt like I was seven again.

For some reason last night (likely due to my beer-cap table), I was in no mood to watch baseball. I caught about two innings of action before retiring to an early slumber, accompanied by my trusty laptop and the complete catalog of The IT Crowd.

So this morning, when I woke up, I had no idea what the score was of the Mets game.  It was weird.  In this age of connectivity - of smartphones, netbooks and iPads - not knowing the score of the game is so foreign to me.

For the first time in an unknown number of years, with my laptop powered off and Motorola Droid charging, I turned to the ESPN bottom line.  As I munched on my Cheerios, I waited with bated breath for the MLB tab to turn up.  Then, I had to wait for the Mets and Marlins score to roll around.

Finally, the scored turned over and I saw the Mets secured a 6-5 victory, with the win going to Mr. Elmer Dessens.  Confused, it wasn't until I got into work this morning that I was able to look up the game recap and the box score for last night's affair.

So, hooray for not getting swept.  Now get the heck out of Puerto Rico.