11/10/10

I don’t have a favorite for manager

I was all for Sandy Alderson from the get-go. I’m glad they’ve brought on J.P. and Paul. But now the Mets are looking for a manager, and I don’t really care who they hire.

Is that weird?

I think pretty much any of the candidates that they’ve hired will be fine. Wally Backman is the wild guy, Terry Collins is a front office favorite. Clint Hurdle is one of many with experience. Bobby Valentine still seems to be a fan favorite.

And I don’t really care.

Put the names in a hat, shake it up and pick one. Move forward from there.

The more important moves are who the players are on the field. A manager can only do so much, and the ones the Mets are considering all seem roughly on par with each other.

Do you have a favorite? If so, who and why? Maybe you can swing my position.