12/31/10

#FireSandyAlderson

Look at this Twitter search: #FireSandyAlderson

There are people out there, claiming to be Mets fans, who are already calling for Sandy Alderson’s firing. I’m sorry, what?

Oct. 29, 2010 was two months ago. Two. Months. That’s how long Alderson has been at the helm of the Mets.

Since then, the Mets added J.P. Ricciardi and Paul DePodesta to the front office. They hired Terry Collins to manage the team. They cut dead weight by not offering arbitration to certain players – I’m looking at you, John Maine. They added cheap players in Ronny Paulino and D.J. Carrasco.

The team doesn’t have much money to spend to begin with. If you have half a brain, 2011 is a lost year. Yet, there are “fans” out there who want to #FireSandyAlderon.

Riddle me confused. Why? How? On what grounds?

What things would you have wanted to do differently? What other moves were there to make? Are they upset the Mets didn’t sign Cliff Lee? No one expected that anyway.

Greg Pomes and MetsFanMurph, I’m calling you out. Give me your list of things Alderson has done wrong, the things you would have done differently. I want to know your reasoning, as ridiculous as it might be. Did you want Lee? Did you want to trade the farm for another team’s star player?

Please, let me and other fans know why you want to #FireSandyAlderson.

We’re waiting.