1/11/11

Where I explain my absences from posting

Wondering why I haven’t been posting as much as usual lately, here’s why…

I work at Main Street Connect, a startup company based out of Norwalk, Conn. We provide quality community (hyperlocal, if you’re a fan of that term) news websites. We’re young - just over a year-old in terms of the company, but some sites have only been around for a few months - and we’re already making a strong foothold for ourselves in our ten towns in Connecticut.

But we’re expanding. Right now, we’re preparing to move into new counties, new states, new regions. It’s exciting stuff for me, for the rest of the communications team, for the company.

If you want to know more about us, visit our corporate website here. (And if you’re a Wikipedia wonk, please take a moment to update our Wiki page - some of the stuff is a bit outdated (Like that we used to be in a franchising-model).)

You may have heard of our main competitor, Patch. An AOL-owned company, they’ve been setting up sites around the nation. They have us beat in terms of number of sites, but we think out editorial product, business model and connection to the community is supreme.

Take a look at the people on our management team - including a 30-year Newsweek contributor, former managing editor of Forbes.com, former senior VP at SmartReply, and many, many other brilliant and talented people. Oh, and stop by our Board of Directors page while you’re at it. You might recognize a name or two.

In short, stay tuned. I’m writing this so that you smart people out there might put us on your radar, because we’ll be making some big moves in the next few months.

If you need to reach me at any time, email my personal account here or my work account here. I’d love to hear from you for suggestions, advice or encouragement. If you think we can work together, let me know. Think you have a brilliant addition to our model, shoot me an email.

Oh, and follow me on Twitter here.

Come along for the ride. It should be fun. (I’ve always wanted to write that, and mean it)

/end shameless plug.

Back to your regularly scheduled Mets programming.