2/26/13

A happy goodbye

When I started this blog in 2006, I had no idea the sort of effect it would end up having on my life. I did it on a whim - as something to help me pass the summer of my transition between high school and college.

Nearly seven years later, it's time to say goodbye.

But it's all good news from here on out. The reason TheRopolitans.com is going on indefinite hiatus is because...

In a few days, I'll be going to work for SNY.

To say I've landed my dream job is an understatement. When I met my now wife-to-be, she asked me what my dream job would be. Without skipping a beat, I said, "Work for SNY." And four years later, my dreams will become reality (both by working for SNY and marrying her).

Over 4,000 posts later (with thousands lost to the annals of the Internet), I couldn't thank you all who supported me through the years without needing a novel to spell it out. For those that have read the site since the beginning (a.k.a. my parents), those that followed me on Twitter way back in '09, to the hundreds that have commented, emailed or contacted me in some way, I must say: Thanks. Without any of you, I wouldn't be where I am today, or will be in a few weeks.

I couldn't be more excited to jump in to the fun at SNY to help make it the best place for fans to read up on their favorite New York sports teams, best place to work and best place for me to make my career.

So long, TheRopolitans.com. It's been a fun and wild ride. You've help me find my way to journalism, to friends, to jobs. But now it's time for you to rest, while I go on to bigger and better things.