4/8/08

'Shea Stadium is kind of a dump.'

Says Dan Graziano, and I have to agree.

Don't get me wrong, I love Shea Stadium just as much as the next guy, but we all have to admit that it's an awful looking place. It's filled with memories of baseball, with a little dash of football and a sprinkle of rock and roll music, from the day it was erected, but right now it's a relic. An ugly one, at that.

Today will be special, giving Shea her final opening game sendoff. She's served us very well through the years, but shes old and tired, and it's just about her time to go.

Yes, I will miss Shea, but I'm much more excited to head into Citi Field.

The memories will have a short commute, only having to go a few steps beyond the confines of Shea and will no doubt head over to Citi when the time is right. Even when Shea is picked apart piece by piece and taken to the ground, us fans will all still, and always, have the memories we made at the park.