7/11/08

Live from Fan Fest: I want to be a kid again

I'm a bit nostalgic today, as it's my 20th birthday today, but boy do
I wish I was a little kid again.

The excitement and events that are here would be so much cooler if I
was little again. I'd love to run the bases, get in the batting
cages, throw some virtual bullpen tossing in, and the like. I don't
think a guy running around in dress shoes and a button down Banana
Republic shirt would look as fun as a bunch of middle schoolers
romping through the booths.

The memerobilia room upstairs probably means a lot more to me now than
if I was little. It being based in New York, there is Mets stuff
everywhere. Tom Seaver signed jerseys, David Wright signed helmets,
and of course the beautiful image of Mookie Wilson's grounder
squirting through Bill Buckner's legs. That image never gets old.