11/13/06

Update: Groundbreaking = Mind Numbing

This may be one of the most anti-climactic moments ever.

I'm so excited to see the stadium, go to games, enjoy the facilities. I just want it to be up right now, and go watch some baseball. I was fairly excited to see the groundbreaking, hoping maybe they would have some new graphics, insight into the stadium (besides this).

So i hustled back from classes to flip on SNY to see the almighty Chuck Norris dishing some workout product.
I ran across campus for this?
Ok...11:30, here comes Darling and Yallof! Great! Let's get this started!
Oh, and "Hi Chris Cotter", I've missed you.

It is just speech after speech after speech.
It is so boring.
Good to see Reyes, Wright and Maine there...but gosh, i think they'd rather be back in Japan right about now.

And now...its 12:12, I haven't even seen a shovel yet.

If my memory serves me correctly, Jackie Robinson never played with the Mets.
I understand he was an amazing player, and had such a huge impact on the league, but the "Jackie Robinson Rotunda" in the new Mets stadium doesn't make much sense to me.
What about the "Bob Murphy Rotunda"??
Doesn't that make alot more sense?!

update:: 12:39
Finally some shovels!
yay!
But wait...why are they just tossing the dirt right back on the pile?!
Shouldn't they fling it over their shoulders, or at least put it in a wheelbarrow??

and I can just see it now...right in my e-mail box...
"Buy David Wright's Hardhat from Groundbreaking Ceremony!!!
Only $299.99!"
haha