5/30/08

Clayton and I

Here I am, sitting on my butt, munching on pretzels and sipping some soda and watching the New York Mets take on the Los Angeles Dodgers.

Clayton Kershaw, the phenom starter for the Dodgers, is a mere 4 months older than me. So as I sit on my green couch, blogging away about the happenings at Shea, a guy four months older than me is on the bump in Shea Stadium in front of 40,000 fans.

A bit of disparity, no?

I mean, I'm no slouch, but I could not even begin to fathom the idea of being in the major leagues, pitching in New York at my age. Heck, at any age.

A hat tip must go out to him and his blossoming career. I think he's going to have a pretty stellar career. Didn't look like it in the first, as he gave up a first inning 2-run home run to Luis Castillo.

And who is this person masquerading as the Mets second baseman? Whoever he is, can this one stick around for a while, preferably the next four years?