5/13/08

The roster shuffle

Off the Mets: Nelson Figueroa and Jorge Sosa have been designated for assignment. Angel Pagan has been placed on the 15-day DL.

On the Mets: Matt Wise was activated off the disabled list. Fernando Tatis and Claudio Vargas were called up from New Orleans.

Bye Figueroa, I'll miss you. Willie Randolph, when speaking to Eddie Coleman on WFAN, said he hopes Figueroa clears waivers and would like to see him as a long man out of the bullpen. I have to agree. Opposing teams are batting well under .200 against Figueroa the first time through the order, so he'd be perfect.

On Sosa, I'm so happy about. Took them long enough. Same for Wise.

The battle between Pagan and Tatis will begin. If Tatis can do anything worthwhile, I can see Pagan staying in AAA after he's healed up. Omar Minaya likes Tatis, so I think Tatis is in for the long haul.

For Vargas, I will abstain comment on until after tomorrow's start.

Overall, good moves by the Mets.