6/25/08

We're about to have a beat writer throwdown

It all started with Jerry Manuel's "fertilizer" comment, which I called "the biggest non story in a long time."

On Tuesday, I linked to a David Lennon post about the NY Post blowing the story out of proportion. Apparently, I picked the wrong beat writer.

Just read this quote from Bart Hubbuch (the man behind the NY Post article), as he talks about the Keith Olbermann (yuck) video, in which he was ranked as one of the "worst people." The juicy part is italicized and bolded for good measure:
Here's the bottom line for Olbermann, the radio and blogger blowhards, one of my gutless, sycophantic counterparts (yeah, I'm talking about you, Adam) and all the cranks that have been filling my inbox with e-mails I never read and automatically delete:

Every reporter in the room at Coors Field laughed out loud when Manuel said the word "fertilizer." I know this because I was sitting right there. You know why we all laughed? Because every one of us knew exactly what Manuel was talking about.

The fans.

That right there is a potshot at Daily News writer, Mr. Adam Rubin.

Oh baby!! Somebody get Don King on the phone and tell him there is going to be a good ol' fashion fist fight in the press box at Shea Stadium tonight!! Yee haw!