7/22/08

Phillies blogs make me smile

From a great writer (even though he's a Philly fan), Tim Malcolm, in his look at his team and their journey down the stretch and through it's first 99 games:
The Mets
And about those Mets. I’d like to think, like most, that they’re too old and worn down and talentless to win the East. But how do they keep finding guys who can contribute past their primes? Fernando Tatis? Sure the bullpen is rough (Billy Wagner’s pain could spell big trouble), but when I see them, I see an offense that can rattle off runs. I see a rotation that can head into the seventh of most games. And I see a bullpen that can piece it together just enough to win. Sound familiar? Yeah, like your 2007 Philies. Who won the East.
Damn. That's good stuff. I wish Mets fans were that optimistic!