7/29/08

Sick of rumors

Am I the only one in the world who can't stand all these worthless rumors?

As I said in a previous post, every team that figures itself in contention is interested in every player that could possibly be traded. Interest is one thing, but if the teams are actually talking and discussing players, that's something completely different.

I have yet to hear the Mets seriously discuss any players that they need. Sure, they like Raul Ibanez and Manny Ramirez, but I don't think they're going to land either of them, or anyone else for that matter.

I challenge Omar Minaya to prove me wrong. I'd love to see him land a deal that helps this team and keeps our thin core of prospects with the team. That would be awesome, but I just don't see it happening.

Prove me wrong, please. And while you're at it, land a bullpen arm. Please with a cherry on top.