8/16/08

Haphazard getaway

My friend and neighbor just returned home from duty in Iraq, and quickly planned and booked a shore house. So some friends and I are heading down to the Jersey shore for a summer blowout / home from Iraq relaxing time.

I'll try and stay as up-to-date as possible via BlackBerry, but to tide you over, here are some quick predictions:

1. Pedro Martinez will pitch well again tonight, but the bullpen won't be able to hold on. Mets lose 6-4.

2. Mets will win on Sunday in grand fashion. 9-1.

3. Daniel Murphy will have a big weekend. As will Jose Reyes.

4. The Mets will be two games up on the Phillies by Monday.

5. Someone will land on the DL soon.

Again, I'll still be posting quick hits from the road via my phone. Enjoy this weekend, it's shaping up to be a beautiful one.