9/10/08

From the Forum: Bye Bye Billy Wagner

Billy Wagner may have thrown his last pitch as a member of the New York Mets, as he will undergo Tommy John surgery and will miss about a year of baseball.

Mets fans watched the emotional press conference yesterday, and some were moved by the emotions Wagner showed.

metsfan08 says:
It's sad knowing that we'll never hear "Enter Sandman" again in Shea and that we'll probably never see Billy in a Met uniform again.

Despite all the heart attacks he's given us over the years, I will miss him.
To which Wrighteous responds:
Watching him makes me wanna tear up. It's hard, I wish him well wherever he goes.

Thank you Billy, for the saves.

..and the heart attacks.

Exit Sandman.
Fitting.

SpeedKills126 shows his emotions and bids him good luck:
During that press conference, I thought I was gonna cry when I saw him start to cry.
...
Good luck today, Billy!!!

Happy trails, Wagner. I hope he will come by the dugout, if it's not too emotional, and support the team down the stretch.

Join Mets Lounge today!