10/15/08

How to follow & participate

It's been slow around these parts, and most likely will be until the World Series is over, but I've done my best to try and get at least two posts up about the Mets to keep the discussion going.

I'm taking a little time out to update you with some things with the site, like how to follow, and jump into the discussion, and stay in tune with all things Mets on The 'Ropolitans.

Commenting:
So far, so good with this new system. It's called IntenseDebate, and I really love it. It allows you, the reader, to comment on anything in the article, with just the use of your name and e-mail. To really get the whole package of using IntenseDebate, I encourage you to sign up for an account.

Also, ID has a great reply feature. So instead of making a general comment, you can reply directly to one of the posts that's already been made. Or, if you want to make your own point, you can obviously still do that.

Following:
The best way, is to just keep coming back to theropolitans.com to see what's new. But not everyone has tons of time on their hands, so there are some good shortcuts to see what's new.

RSS: If you don't know what RSS is, then you're really missing out! Think of RSS as e-mail for your favorite websites. Everytime that website publishes something, it'll go right to your RSS reader, and you'll be able to read it, and then head to the site to make your comment. I use Google Reader, but there are many more out there.

E-mail: You can use FeedBlitz to have the articles posted on theropolitans.com e-mailed to you.

Twitter: Follow me, and my baseball related chatter, at twitter.com/theropolitans.

Helping out:
A writer is always looking to boost his readership, so there are a few tools at my disposal, and if you like what you read, help me out a bit!

Ballhype, Yardbarker, and more:
See those buttons at the end of each post? They link my stories to websites called YardBarker and BallHype. These sites are hubs of sports info, and if you click them, you can vote the story up (or down) for more people to read.

There will be a few more buttons added soon, so keep an eye out.

That's all I can think of for now. I'd just like to thank everyone who has read and visited my site. It's been fun, and there are no signs of stopping anytime soon.

Let's go Mets!