10/25/08

Link: Q&A with Fernando Tatis

Big League Stew talked to Fernando Tatis, after winning the MLBPA Comeback Player of the Year.

Some excerpts:

Q: When you got to the Mets organization, they already had David Wright, who plays the same position as you, third base. Did you worry that it would keep you out of the majors even longer?

FT: You know, David Wright is one of the greatest players in the big leagues. I was not worried about it because I put it in my mind that if I didn't make it with the Mets, I'm going to make it to the other teams. I was not really worried about, too, because there were other positions that I could play. I was so happy that they gave me the opportunity to play first base and right field and left field. That was great for me.

---

Q: How does your shoulder feel?

FT: My shoulder feels a lot better. I feel pretty good. It's becoming stronger. I'm going to start playing ball in the Dominican Republic. I played three practice games already, practice games, and it's coming along really good so far.

Q: Do you expect to be 100 percent for spring training?

FT: Yes, that's my goal. That, and to become a better teammate.

I'm liking this guy more and more every day.