10/7/08

My updated playoff predictions

Here is an updated version of my playoff predictions, complete with the results from my first round of picks. Leave yours if so inclined.

MIL vs. PHI
I had: Philly in three.
What really happened: Philly in four.
Close, but no cigar.

LAD vs. CHC
I had: Cubs in five.
What really happened: Dodgers in three.
I don't think I could have been more wrong. Perfect case of a team getting hot at the right time.

BOS vs. LAA
I had: Angels in four.
What really happened: Red Sox in four.
And with that, my world series prediction is out the window. (I had the Angels beating the Cubs.)

CHW vs. TB
I had: Tampa in four.
What really happened: Tampa in four.
I nailed it!

NLCS: PHI vs. LAD
ALCS: BOS vs. TB

PHI vs. LAD
I'm going to take the Dodgers in six.
Yes, the Phillies starting pitching is good, but their bullpen will soon falter. I'm waiting for Brad Lidge to implode. Dodgers just look too good right now, and with everyone hitting in that offense, it's truly a force to be reckoned with.

BOS vs. TB
Sorry, Tampa. Red Sox in five.
I love the Rays, but they lack the "experience." The Red Sox are a postseason team, they simply find ways to win when it matters most. A better start from Josh Beckett this time around will help considerably. Still, Tampa Bay will put up a fight.

My World Series: LAD vs. BOS, a Yankee fan's worst nightmare.