10/10/08

Will you put up with Manny's antics?

Let's assume the Mets somehow land Manny Ramirez for a respectable contract, and he is the starting left fielder in Citi Field. Will you tolerate his antics of Manny being Manny?

I will.

The guy is a character, we all know it. Yes, he's on his best behavior in Los Angeles because he's playing for a contract. But his years in Boston, he was loved until the very end. If it wasn't for Jason Bay's play, Red Sox Nation would be very angry at losing him.

If Manny can make a catch, high five a fan in Citi Field, turn, and double off a runner, I don't care if he needs a few days off with a "knee injury." Heck, I'd rather keep him happy and playing 140 games, than cranky and playing 160.

Yes, I'm getting way ahead of myself. But hypothetically if the Mets can land Manny, would you be willing to put up with the guy?