2/17/09

The orange foul pole tradition continues

I'm not sure if this was a well known fact, but Shea Stadium could lay claim to the only non-yellow foul poles in MLB. They were, as you most likely are picturing right now, a New York Met orange.

I hadn't checked StadiumPage.com in a while, so I shot the Mets an e-mail yesterday. Just a few minutes ago, I got off the phone with a representative from the team. He told me, and now I see for myself, that the foul poles in Citi Field are also orange.

"The ownership was very adamant about having the orange foul poles," Chris, the representative said.

Here's an image from StadiumPage.com, taken this past weekend...
Bright orange, just like I remember.

I love this sort of stuff. Fun little facts and trivia like this are pretty much all I remember.

The other thing I e-mailed about will have to remain a secret, for now. Hopefully the team comes through with my little proposition.