3/26/09

Twitter Poll: If the Mets had to retire one number this year, which one and why?

I'm trying a new thing out here on the blog. I've fully embraced Twitter, and I'm going to be occasionally throwing out some questions or polls about the Mets on Twitter, and posting the responses here.

Last night I asked: If the Mets had to retire one number this year, which one and why? Here are the answers...
  • @fscker said: keith hernandez or gary carter. I'm going to lean towards carter becuase he's in the HOF.
  • @JD1877 said: Piazza. The 90's were sooo bad but he carried them to the WS. Perhaps the greatest position player in team history.
  • @sdn16182 said: #31 mike piazza because he made them respectable again and carried them for years and to a world series
  • @letsgoduke said: 17 for good old keith. or 31 for obvious reasons.
  • @jrobelen said: Mets should retire Gary Carter's 8 before any other, considering so many NY fans believed he earned his HOF cap here.
  • @Mike_Peters said: ...31 duh
  • @metgirl4ever said: i'm biased but pick # 31-fell in luv w/baseball & b/came Mets fan n late 90s & he was/is my fav-despite going blonde
  • @BkCyclones said: 17, of course, for Keith Hernandez, the best defensive player ever for the Mets, a great clutch hitter, and THE captain!
I can't say I don't agree with all of these sentiments. 8, 17, 31.